Friday, June 27, 2014

A Revisit of Ask Mr Robot

I wanted to reiterate just how useful Ask Mr Robot is to players of all experience levels.  If you haven't checked out my post Product Recommendation: Ask Mr Robot, I would urge you to take a look at it. In that post, I gave some links where you can go to download the addon, and I gave a brief instruction on how to use the program through its parent website.

This is a program that I think will impress you, if you're willing to spend the in-game gold to follow it. The first time I used it on my shaman, I saw a considerable difference in his DPS. I've never been a big user of addons, but this has quickly become one that I like, use, and now recommend to others.

The best part, for me, is the fact that I don't need an account and I don't need to pay to use the addon or the website. I prefer being anonymous, as evidenced by the alias I write everything under.

If you prefer seeking advice for what gear to upgrade, there is a "Valor Upgrades" section on the website. The information is mostly just a general guide of what type of gear you should upgrade first. It is not nearly as personalized as the "Optimize Your Character" section, but if you're seeking some general advice on valor upgrades you might consider giving it a read.

Finally, a word of caution, if you use the website to optimize your character, the gear it lists may be outdated if you just got new pieces. So, check to see if it has your new gear listed.  If it doesn't, press the "Update (from armory)" button and then check again.  If it still hasn't updated, then that means the World of Warcraft Armory hasn't registered your new gear.  You may have to log out of the game to get the Armory to update.


No comments:

Post a Comment